Friday, April 26, 2013

Refreshing Summer Salsa *recipe* *imported post from temp. blog*


As I'm getting ready to start my AdvoCare 24-Day Challenge on Monday, I was on the hunt for some good recipes to keep my taste buds awake... Browsing through the guides for AdvoCare, there's a LOT that I CAN eat, which makes me happy, keeps me from denying myself everything and losing hope on this life-changing journey.

I don't recall where I found this recipe, therefore I can't link back to it. (I'm sorry!!0

I also don't use "real" measurements, most are just eyeballed.

I plan on using this salsa on top of some baked chicken and over spinach, with a side of couscous or quinoa!

Refreshing Summer Salsa
1/2 lemon juice
1/2 lime juice
Small bunch of cilantro, chopped (I find it easier to just hold it and cut it up with my kitchen scissors!)
1/2 red onion, diced
drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 c. diced strawberries (this was about 8 large strawberries)
2 avocados, diced

This can be used for so many different things, and it holds VERY well! Doesn't seem to get mushy or too runny too quickly! Enjoy!!

Please feel free to email me at caseyscouch@yahoo.com if you'd like more information on the AdvoCare 24-Day Challenge!



0 comments:

Back to TOP